these garlic bread sausage subs are a top 10 on the website. So so good and super fast and easy.
garlic bread sausage subs
- 1/4 c. 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic finely grated
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 sub rolls
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. ground italian sausage
- 2 c. marinara sauce
- 8 oz. sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced basil leaves
preheat oven to 450°.
heat oil in a large skillet. add sausage and cook, breaking up large pieces with a spoon and stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 7 minutes
in a small bowl, combine the butter with the garlic, parsley and salt.
split the rolls lengthwise, leaving a hinge on the back and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
spread cut sides of rolls with butter mixture.
Top with sliced mozzarella
bake until golden, about 8 minutes.
add marinara sauce to the cooked sausage and cook stirring until warmed throughout, about 2 minutes.
spoon sausage mixture into toasted rolls
sprinkle with basil and serve