this grilled flatbread comes together in less than 10 minutes and makes a nice summer meal or anytime appetizer.
grilled flatbread with ricotta lemon and artichoke
- 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large flatbreads
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups marinated artichoke hearts
- ½ lemon thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- crushed red-pepper flakes for serving
preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
in a small bowl, stir together the ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice and black pepper.
brush both sides of the flatbread with olive oil and grill until lightly toasted and warm, about 2 minutes per side.
remove from heat.
spread the ricotta mixture evenly on the flatbread and top with the artichokes and lemon slices.
grill until the ricotta mixture loosens slightly and the pizza is well heated, about 3 minutes.
transfer the pizza to a serving platter and garnish with the basil and crushed red-pepper flakes.