pork chops with chickpeas is a sheet pan supper that can be thrown together in 10 minutes. set the table and make a salad as this cooks and you will have an impressive dinner ready in no time.
pork chops with chickpeas
- 4 center-cut bone-in pork rib chops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon hand crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 19- ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 1/2 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- chopped parsley for topping
preheat the broiler.
toss the pork chops with 1 tablespoon olive oil, the chopped rosemary and grated lemon zest on a rimmed baking sheet & season generously with salt and pepper.
toss the chickpeas, garlic, roasted red peppers and the remaining rosemary with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
scatter around the pork chops.
pour the chicken broth over the chickpea mixture.
broil, stirring the chickpea mixture once and rotating the baking sheet halfway through, until a thermometer inserted into the pork registers 145 degrees 10 to 12 minutes.
sprinkle with parsley.