pork chops with chickpeas is a sheet pan supper that can be thrown together in 10 minutes. set the table and make a salad as this cooks and you will have an impressive dinner ready in no time.
pork chops with chickpeasPrint
- 4 center-cut bone-in pork rib chops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon hand crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 19- ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 1/2 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- chopped parsley for topping
- preheat the broiler.
- toss the pork chops with 1 tablespoon olive oil, the chopped rosemary and grated lemon zest on a rimmed baking sheet & season generously with salt and pepper.
- toss the chickpeas, garlic, roasted red peppers and the remaining rosemary with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- scatter around the pork chops.
- pour the chicken broth over the chickpea mixture.
- broil, stirring the chickpea mixture once and rotating the baking sheet halfway through, until a thermometer inserted into the pork registers 145 degrees 10 to 12 minutes.
- sprinkle with parsley.